[mythtv-users] MythTV and Pinnacle Prostick

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Fri May 30 16:14:51 UTC 2008

>Allen,
>
>  I can not be much help with the majority of your problems, but if you
>decide to go back to Ubuntu 8.04 there is a working driver for the
>Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro stick (and probably other versions with similar
>chipsets). You can find some details at
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/204578
>I recently purchased one and have been able to watch NTSC and ATSC
>broadcast TV (have not tried watching both at the same time) on my
>Ubuntu 8.04 desktop. I have not tried to setup it up on the Myth box yet
>because I have lacked the time.>
>
>Thanks,
>James

Hi James,

I see the bug report and a lot of different suggestions on what to do.
Would you be so kind as to let me know specifically what you did?

I have spent the last 3 hours following various instructions online that
don't work.  I am at wits end.  For example, in trying to prove my setup
with xine, I followed instructions to scan channels.conf into ~/.xine.
But when I start xine it says it cannot find channels.conf.  What is
that all about?  The channels.conf file looks just like it should and it
is right there in ~/.xine with all the other config files that xine
created when it started.  I have now spent about 12 hours trying to get
back to where I was before the "important security update" that I should
not have installed.  I knew it would take time to get this working, but...

So, I am ready to trash my now non-working 7.10 system and give 8.04 a
try again but want to be sure I am following proven instructions.

Thanks for your help.

Allen