[mythtv-users] Just updated from atrpms, and remote stoped working

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Fri May 30 13:05:45 UTC 2008

Josh schreef op 30-5-2008 14:55:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net
> <mailto:joshoekstra at gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     Nick Morrott schreef op 30-5-2008 14:11:
>      > The thread on atrpms-users has all of the necessary information.
>     There
>      > is an issue with the x86_64 LIRC RPMs included in the recent update.
>      >
>      > Nick
>
>     Have the same problem on i386, downgrading myth to the version before
>     the update solved it for me. Frontend logs didn't show the normal line
>     in the log like this one:
>
>     lirc init success using configuration file: /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
>
>     Which made me roll back the myth packages but not the lirc ones, all
>     seems fine now :)
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Jos Hoekstra
>
> The archived version of the thread on atrpms-users
> (http://lists.atrpms.net/pipermail/atrpms-users/2008-May/009393.html)
> doesn't currently seem to provide much of a solution. I'm not running
> x86_64 and I'm also having the issues on all of my front-end machines. I
> would post over on that list but I already get inundated from this list,
> lirc, ivtv, and other random Google groups.
>
> Josh

I know, I spoke with Paolo off-list, he seems to think it depends on the
lirc-package, but lirc in al ways works fine even with other programs
like Mplayer it works, mythtv doesn't respond.
As far as I can tell the lirc part of mythtv doesn't get started, that's
where it goes wrong. Version 185 does work, so I'll stick with that for now.

Jos