[mythtv-users] localhost errors

Mr cctsurf cctsurf at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 03:47:54 UTC 2008

One of my frontends is also my backend, and recently, after an update, to svn 17100, I bacame unable to use it as a frontend due to database errors.  I noticed in looking at the output that it was "Using localhost value of dilbert".  So I was able to make it work again by doing the
$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"dilbert" identified by "mythtv";
mysql> flush privileges;
from the manual. I wanted to note this to the list because, this behavior is not good.  I couldn't even start over from scratch with the database.  I saved the database and was able to reuse it after the hack, but translating localhost to a computername doesn't always work.
Thanks for all the work on myth, I love it!