[mythtv-users] I quit -- unless I can get some help!

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Fri May 30 03:40:37 UTC 2008

Time for more beer and more help after another day and getting stuck
again.  Maybe I should have quit yesterday.   So many clearly written
instructions that don't work because they must apply to some unknown
version that I don't have...

If you read my earlier posts, you know I foolishly clicked on an
important security upgrade and took a working myth system into a
non-working system.  I got some good advice and have tried to follow
it.  Realizing that the upgrade to 8.04 was never going to allow my USB
tuner to work, I did a fresh install of 7.10.  Here is what I did today
after the previous advice induced hangover subsided.

Clean install of Mythbuntu 7.10
Nvidea 5+, XvMC, Bob2x
Kernel rebuild to allow the pcHDVT USB tuner to work
Did a Scan and successfully created a channels.conf file
The scan found all the on air channels that are out there so I know the
tuner is working.

I have tried to do a scan in myth unsuccessfully -- it scans but no lock
on any channel (no surprise to me as I have done this before)
Tried to import the channels.conf file I created.  I found the place to
do that and entered the directory and all and hit scan.  The scan stops
at channel 3, just like it did last month when I first got the system
working.

Like I said, I have seen this before.  I looked at my notes from the
something and it started working.  I don't know what I did"  I spent the
last 3 hours trying the results of my googleing and have tried
everything I can think of.  I tried to input a channel manually in the
channel editor and get a display when I click WatchTV but no lock.  My
notes said something about having to enter a channel manually.  I put in
channel 24 (KGO-HD) and entered a frequency, don't remember exactly but
something like 533444.923 (entered as khz).  I also tried just the
channel number,  24, in that field.  No picture when I tune to this
manually entered channel, and no ability to import the nice
channels.conf file.

Thanks everyone for the help.  I know this is some stupid easy thing but
I can't find it.

So, how do you import channels.conf without having it stop at channel 3?

Allen