[mythtv-users] Why aren't my shows auto-transcoding?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri May 30 01:18:59 UTC 2008

I've tried setting some of my SD shows recorded via my PVR-250 to transcode
after recording, but for some reason they aren't being transcoded - I look
in my recordings and a half hour show is still around 1.09GB. I can manually
transcode a recording by selecting a recording, going to info - Job Options
- Begin Transcoding - <Low or medium> quality. The show will then show up in
jobs and when all is said and done transcode down to about 290MB on medium
quality.

To confirm that a show is set to auto-transcode I go to Manage Recordings -
Upcoming Recordings - Show Name - Info - Post Recording Processing and it's
set to "transcode new recordings" and "Transcode using 'Low Quality' (The
same setting I used when I manually tested a transcode)

I searched through a few of my mythbackend logs for anything mentioning
transcoding and came up blank. Is there a global setting that I need to set
that I'm just missing? Or something else I should be looking for?