[mythtv-users] Can't change channel data with Mythweb anymore

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu May 29 21:51:39 UTC 2008

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 20:35:32 -0400
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Can't change channel data with Mythweb
> 	anymore
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 05/28/2008 06:55 PM, Bob Sully wrote:
>> I still can't save changes through Mythweb.  :-/
>
> There's always my favorite:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>
> Mike

Hi, Mike:

This is like doing brain surgery with a pick-ax.  ;-P

While it's nice to have a "clean" channel table (the "delete-all then
re-scan" method you have advised) instead of one that's been mucked with
by making changes to individual database records, doing a full-on re-scan
and matching up all 60-some QAM channels is quite time-consuming.  The
last time I did a rescan without deleting everything (hoping to just pick
up "new" channels), I wound up with a lot of duplicates which I had to go
through and clean out manually.

Truth be told, I will probably have to do this in about a month or two
anyway...an article in the LA Times yesterday said that Time-Warner Cable
is planning on adding "at least 12 more" HD channels (yeah, right...I'll
believe it when I see it, too) by July; I'm hoping that maybe a few will
be unencrypted (per SiliconDust's site, there are two new ones already).

But for the meantime, I'd just like to be able to tweak a few fields in
the database without re-inventing the wheel.

Bob