[mythtv-users] Bad component signal?

Gino Heusdens gino at heusdens-ulenaers.be
Thu May 29 20:44:24 UTC 2008

I recently changed my vga cable with a component cable. From the moment
i made the switch the image quality is bad. There are brown/darker thick
lines rolling from bottom to top witch are very annoying while watching
movies or tv. With the vga cable the image was better but i was unable
to use the pixel plus 2 technology of my Philips Tv.
I hope there someone out here who can point me in the right direction or
give me at least the technical term for this problem so i google this
problem.

Some details about the hardware i used:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9
- Graphics card: Onboard Nvidia 6150 GPU
- Panasonic A/V Control Receiver SA-AR55
- Philips 32PF9966 LCD TV

Some things I already tried (without succes):
- various x.org configurations
- direct component connection (mediacenter to tv without receiver works
fine)
- component connection with dvd-player > A/V receiver > TV works also fine
- switched the component cable with the dvd-player has no effect, still
bad quality

The component cable I used is a top quality cable but is works fine for
our samsung dvd-player, so I think the cable is not the problem?

Thanks in advance