[mythtv-users] I quit -- unless I can get some help!

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Thu May 29 15:54:39 UTC 2008

>Also agree with the other poster that you should go to the pub or
>something and relax. Get drunk, come home, and THEN start again  :-D
>PS: I'm kidding.

Wow, I thank you all for some great sounding ideas.  I can't wait to
give the rest of them a try after I get over this hangover.

My plan is to reinstall mythbuntu 7.10
Do an update of the packages but not the kernel at this point (minimum
to redo if something goes wrong)
Rebuild the kernel for the USB DTV Stick
Install dvg-utils
Select Nvidia 5+ driver
Select XvMC
Select Bob2
Rescan the ATSC frequency list
Try and remember how I added a second display (one for projector, one
for TV)
Save some HD shows to make sure everything is working to this point
Run alsamixer or amixer to unmute SPDIF (IEC958)
Enable SPDIF passthrough
Verify SPDIF and debug as necessary
Verify my display resolution once I know the Nvidia 5+ driver is installed.
Set the DVD player to "xine -pfhq --no-splash dvd:/"
Have a beer
Debug what doesn't work
Have another beer

Now, did I forget something?

Is this what I am going to have to do after every update?

Allen