[mythtv-users] ac3 passthrough results in accelerated video

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:30:25 UTC 2008

Recently upgraded to 0.21 so I could finally get ac3 passthrough
working on my osx frontend.  When it works, it's great - however...

Just about every other time I start to watch a recording, the
playback, both video and sound, is accelerated, as if I were watching
using 2x-3x timestretch or fast forward.  (I bring up the time stretch
menu, and it indicates 1.0x)  If I uncheck ac3 passthrough in the
Setup>General menu, the problem goes away.

Unfortunately, the frontend log output is _exactly_ the same when I
see this accelerated playback as when I do not.

There have been a number of posts about ac3 passthrough in 0.21, but
in searching, I haven't come across this issue.  Has anyone else
experienced this?