[mythtv-users] Myth setup for hdtv - config help

Simon Allcorn simon.allcorn at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:09:09 UTC 2008

>Was just about to ask the same question as I have never had much luck
>with transcoding.
If I get chance I'll write a script (as apposed to an ffmpeg command line)
to do this which I'll happily post here, I'm sure we're not the only ones
wanting BBC HD converted to 720p.

>Also does anyone know if it is possible to set a
>user job to run on every recording from a particular channel.
I think this would be possible - you will need to run this script after
every recording, but if the file resolution is say < 1080i the the script
will do nothing. Something like that anyway.

Simon