[mythtv-users] I quit -- unless I can get some help!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 29 02:51:51 UTC 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 8:34 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> 3) An hour or so later, my 7.10 system is now an 8.04 system and the
> Pinnacle tuner no longer works.

Most likely the kernel. A lot of things don't work with 8.04, like
vmware (a fatal problem for me. There are workarounds but I shouldn't
have deal with that on a release version IMHO).

There is also a problem with the nvidia drivers installed via the
automatic system. With some cards, like my 7600, it improperly sets
the resolution to 640x480 or 320x240 as soon as you install the
drivers. With my 7100 things work OK.

I think 8.04 needs some work, but I'm not a real (k)ubuntu fan. The
KDE4 version lacks trivial things like printer setup. I'd wait a while
on 8.04 myself.

beww