[mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Wed May 28 16:41:08 UTC 2008

I'll tell you what doesn't work (at least for me).  A mac mini
frontend and the mythfrontend.  It plays 720p beautifully, but the
mythfrontend has a hard time with 1080i shows.  This really pisses me
off since I recently bought the mac mini just for a HD frontend.
However, VLC plays it fine at full resolution.  The mac is running osx
and the osx port of the mythtv frontend.  There are many threads on
this mailing list that talks about this.