[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Wed May 28 13:15:00 UTC 2008

I just wanted to report about the Pinnacle HDTV stick that was mentioned
on the list a little while ago. I purchased one from Woot.com the day
they had them. I currently run Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 on my main desktop.
After fumbling around for a while I found a working driver in the
comments on this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/204578 Once
I followed instructions there I can now receive NTSC. My antenna is
inside a steel building and I can not lock on any ATSC signals. Later
this week I will try connecting it to my laptop to see what ATSC signals
I can get from a better location. If anyone else is looking into these
or is in need of a driver for Ubuntu 8.04 try the bug posted above.

Thanks,
James