[mythtv-users] BBC HD on Freesat

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Wed May 28 12:06:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 12:25 pm, John Taylor wrote:
> Channel 4? I tried doing a rescan yesterday and picked up E4 and More4
> (new since I first set my DVB-S card up), but I couldn't find Channel
> 4 itself. Would be nice to abandon the 14:9 analogue broadcasts for
> this one!
> Channel 4 HD is free to view (FTV) rather than free to air (FTA) like
> BBC/HD. This means it is protected by the Sky Videoguard encryption.
> Until their contract with Sky runs out (sometime this year I think)
> mythtv won't be able to pick up Channel 4 HD
> http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/21113-channel-4-hd-before-the-end-of-the-year.html

I think John was talking about SD Channel 4.  But the info about the HD
channel is interesting!

>>>I can record "somthing" from 10510, I am downloading your sample to try.
>>>How exactly did you play it back with mplayer ?
> I used the stock mplayer which comes with mythbuntu 8.04

Interesting...  My mplayer on Gentoo wouldn't have anything to do with it
- well it played the sound, but not the picture.  Any chance you could
post some info about what version it is?  Any commandline parameters you