[mythtv-users] BBC HD on Freesat

John Taylor john at vetsurgeon.org.uk
Wed May 28 11:25:06 UTC 2008

>>>Thanks for the details for this channel. Do you have the info for
Channel 4? I tried doing a rescan yesterday and picked up E4 and More4
(new since I first set my DVB-S card up), but I couldn't find Channel
4 itself. Would be nice to abandon the 14:9 analogue broadcasts for
this one!

Channel 4 HD is free to view (FTV) rather than free to air (FTA) like
BBC/HD. This means it is protected by the Sky Videoguard encryption.

Until their contract with Sky runs out (sometime this year I think)
mythtv won't be able to pick up Channel 4 HD

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/21113-channel-4-hd-before-the-end-of-the-year.html

>>I can record "somthing" from 10510, I am downloading your sample to try.
>>How exactly did you play it back with mplayer ?

I used the stock mplayer which comes with mythbuntu 8.04

John