[mythtv-users] My mythfilldatabase is not cleaning up

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Tue May 27 20:58:36 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/27/2008 04:43 PM, Brian Phillips wrote:
>> My backend is running a stock mythbuntu 8.04 install.
>> Mythfilldatabase doesn't seem to be removing the old listing data.  I
>> have data in my listings from 6 days ago (and counting).  Where can I
>> find the command to remove this old data?
>>

> Keep counting.  When you hit 7, you'll find it doesn't keep
> increasing.
>
> (I.e. Myth keeps 7 days of old listing data in its database.  It
> doesn't hurt anything and it allows you to go back and figure out why
> that episode of Lost you thought would record didn't--because the
> networks decided to show a rerun and delay the new episode.)
>
> Mike

Gotcha.  This is new in 0.21?  My old mythdora4 (myth 0.20.2) only kept one
day of listings data.  I was imagining something went wrong and I was soon
going to be overtaken by countless numbers of old listings data if I didn't
nip it in the bud.

Brian

"Better give it a 6 foot extension cord so it can't chase [me]."