[mythtv-users] F7 to F8 or F7 to F9

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:47:44 UTC 2008

> >> Hi
> >> I heard so much negative stuff about F8 and it's audio setup that i
> >> decided to stay at F7 level.  ( I learned the hard way to not trouble
> >> trouble until trouble troubles me
> >> regarding my MythTv setup. ). With F7 reaching EOL, I wonder if it is ok
> >> to go into the newly released F9 or should I take my chances with F8?
> >>
> >> Is mythtv working fine under F9?

Just wanted to add another POV.  First off, I've had no issues, audio setup
or otherwise, with MythTV and F8.  I recently upgraded one workstation that
I use as a front-end from F8 to F9, and so far I'm not too happy.  I got the
nVidia binary drivers installed using a package from Freshrpms.  However,
even then the driver has some issues; no 3d stuff, and I can't use OpenGL in
Myth.  The nVidia stuff aside, the Mythtv packages from ATrpms work just
fine with F9.  I've had other general issues with F9 related to KDE4 and
stuff like that.  Overall I agree with the last post; wait a few weeks until
some stuff gets squared away with F9, and then go F7 --> F9.