[mythtv-users] remote frontend, MasterServerIP

Bryan Bennetts bryan.bennetts at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:23:52 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 12:13, James Cummings wrote:
> I have a combined master backend / frontend on one machine and I am
> trying to set up a remote frontend.
>
> I've changed mysql.txt on the remote frontend to point to 192.168.0.35
> (the LAN IP of master backend).  The remote frontend gets things like
> server info, so I can tell it is connecting.  But it wasn't getting
> lists of recorded programs.  So... I changed 'MasterServerIP' for all
> hosts in mythweb from '127.0.0.1' to '192.168.0.35' and bingo, the
> remote frontend could see the programs.

I believe what you want is...

on the BE+FE

Local Backend - IP Address 192.168.0.35
Master Backend - IP Address 192.168.0.35

on the FE

Database server settings - Hostname 'your_BE_hostname_here'

At least that's what I have (different IP addresses, naturally) and it works.
Presumably the 'your_BE_hostname_here' can be the IP address of the backend
server, I just have the hostname tho...

HTH,

Bryan.