[mythtv-users] BBC HD on Freesat

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Tue May 27 12:59:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 12:53 pm, Robin Neatherway wrote:
>> Instead of scanning for ITV HD (having been burnt many times scanning
>> for channels), I manually entered the mutiplex and channel info into
>> the database:
>
> Thanks for the details for this channel. Do you have the info for
> Channel 4? I tried doing a rescan yesterday and picked up E4 and More4
> (new since I first set my DVB-S card up), but I couldn't find Channel
> 4 itself. Would be nice to abandon the 14:9 analogue broadcasts for
> this one!
>
> Cheers,
> Robin

Here, here - thanks for the ITV HD channel inserts - I tried scanning in
MythTv for it, but it wouldn't add it because it thought it wasn't a video
channel for some reason.

I've managed to capture some of ITV HD on Linux, and play the file on
Windows using media player classic too.  I tried to playback the recorded
file using the Internal player in Mythvideo, but it didn't want to know.
So I guess you are right about the container format being a problem.

Channel 4 isn't actually called channel 4 - or it wasn't when I did a scan
- it just has a number - can't remember what off the top of my head -
sorry!

Robert.