[mythtv-users] Duplicate entries in mythmusic

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue May 27 09:41:54 UTC 2008

Yan Seiner wrote:
> I've moved my mythmusic collection around. I changed the main music
> directory and restructured the music.
>
> I had to rescan the music tree to get my music to show up, which is what
> I would expect.
>
> But now I have duplicate entries - at least 2 per track.  Sometimes 4.
> Mythmusic will play each track at least two times.
>
> How do I clean out the database of all music and force a rescan to a
> clean table?
> Thanks,
>
> --Yan

It would interesting to see what the DB entries look like for a
duplicated track but that isn't easy with the new DB schema. If you want
to take a look the music table all start with 'music_'.

One way to clear the tables would be to temporarily point your music
directory to an empty directory do a rescan then point it back to the
correct directory and do another rescan but that shouldn't be necessary
if everything is working as it should.

Paul H.