[mythtv-users] What is the best distro / kernel version /ivtv version for mythtv

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 27 04:12:55 UTC 2008

2008/5/27 Chris Isip <cmisipster at gmail.com>:
> What combination of the above have people tried with the best results.  I'm
> trying to find the combination that will get rid of dma timeout errors.

Reading the ivtv lists, one important contributory factor to stability
is the motherboard chipset. Intel chipsets seem to contribute
positively to stability, whilst Via chipsets may increase the
likelihood of DMA issues.

Which chipset does your motherboard use, and which PVR card are you using?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/