[mythtv-users] backend fails to record back to back programs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 26 21:48:25 UTC 2008

On 05/26/2008 02:54 PM, Corey wrote:
> Thanks for the help Mike.  I did leave LiveTV running all night.  I'll try scheduling several back to back recordings and exit LiveTV.
> I'm assuming this is a known issue I haven't come across in my readings.

>   Are there plans to work on it?

If someone wants it fixed, tracking down the issue and submitting a
patch is probably the best approach.  Few volunteers enjoy spending
their free time working on features that they don't use (and, for most
devs, LiveTV is just such a feature).

>   I know some people set up their PVR to record everything and then primarily watch recorded TV.  I did that to some extent with Tivo...until wife and kids filled up the hard drive with Dora cartoons etc...

The difference is that Myth has autoexpire and you can set it to keep
only the last 2 Dora episodes or whatever...

> The family is accustomed to Tivo allowing us to watch whatever live TV it is recording.   Not sure I can sell them on Myth if they can't leave LiveTV on.

They need to learn to watch TV on their schedule, not the network's
schedule+up-to-30...  :)