[mythtv-users] Can minimyth work with other servers?

Justin Gibson jugibson at gmail.com
Mon May 26 20:38:51 UTC 2008

I know nothing is without its faults.
I was using Xubuntu 8.04  0.21 on my AMDx2 64 4800+. I switched from using
Gnome to using Xfce4 because whats its name kept (at random) using up all
resources and no keystroke could get through....not even the always open
kernel path keystroke command. Then when I brought it back up, my tuners
didn't work.
Then on top of that minimyth wasn't *that* hard to set up...but I couldn't
access my video collection, everything else tho'. For what its worth I have
been messing with Myth TV for like 6 months now, first issue was lirc on
ubuntu 7.10...TERRIBLE but I never had myth crash...but now its the complete
opposite....but Lirc in the EPG is TERRIBLE! Hangs SO bad.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will give CentOS a shot after I try the
gamut that is windows based software. Again, thank you for the reply!