[mythtv-users] Video+Audio over HDMI with nVidia

bjmisc-mythtv at bearhunter.com bjmisc-mythtv at bearhunter.com
Mon May 26 19:24:01 UTC 2008

Steven Ihde <steve at x2.hamachi.us> wrote:

 >Right, but note that even if you find the right nVidia card with a SPDIF
 >input, it still won't work because the Linux driver doesn't support
 >audio-over-HDMI yet.
 >
 >If anyone else on the list has got video+audio over HDMI to work with an
 >nVidia card on Linux, please let us know!

The ASUS EN7600GT is an nVidia card with SPDIF input that works just
fine with Linux. No special setup is needed. It comes with a small fiber
optic cable that connects to your sound card's SPDIF output, and then
connects to a SPDIF input on the graphics card. Audio and Video then get
combined to go through the HDMI cable to your TV. I use the standard
ALSA drivers for my sound card, and the kmdl nVidia video drivers for
the graphics card.

Here is a link to the product on NewEgg, even though they no longer
carry this card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121028

-BJ