[mythtv-users] Help: No program info for QAM256 channels

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 06:55:33 UTC 2008

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Channel_Editor

> It outlines the steps but obviously your channel
> scan does not contain the
> info needed to do the automatic mapping to xmltvids.
>  So, the steps you want
> to do is basically:
>
> 1.  Scan for channels
> 2.  Use the Frontend Channel editor to enter the
> xmltvid for each channel
> you scanned.  I have found the easiest way to find
> the xmltvid for a
> particular channel is to bring up your listings on
> tvlistings.com.  Then
> hover over the link for each channel and the stnNum
> in the URL corresponds
> to the xmltvid.
> 3.  Once you have put in all the xmltvids, run
> mythfilldatabase.  Do not
> Fetch Channels from listings, it will only create
> new channels and you'll
> have duplicates (IIRC).  This is pretty much the
> opposite of analog/cable TV
> where you never scan and always Fetch.
>
> Hope this helps

Hi Kevin thanks for the response.

Well, I tried tvlistings.com, and I hover over the
channels and get nothing (FireFox 3.0b5). Also,
there's no lineup there which gives me my QAM-tuned
channels. They're the same lineups available with
SchedulesDirect, which also don't show my QAM lineup.

Most of the callsign -> xmltv id mapping I already
have at this point anyway, through other means. What I
was hoping for was the XXX#YY -> callsign mapping, and
it looks like that's not forthcoming. I've just spent
a couple hours going through all the channels trying
to identify the proper callsign for each one.

It's nice to know I can edit the channels during live
TV - I've been doing it in mythtv-setup so far. Well,
it's off to that pleasure now. I hope I can get it
done tonight.