[mythtv-users] Myth can't find old recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 25 04:49:45 UTC 2008

On 05/24/2008 10:30 PM, Jared McIntyre, whose mail client doesn't know
how to properly attribute a quote, wrote:

> > On 05/24/2008 11:38 AM, Jared McIntyre wrote:
> >
> >> I just recently noticed that MythTV can no longer find any of the
> >> shows it recorded before February 16. The videos are there and
> >> haven't changed, and Myth has them in it's playlist, but it says
> >> they can't be found when you try to play them.
> >
> > Are you sure it's February 16, and--assuming you're in (most any
> > part of) the US--not March 9, i.e. the start of Daylight Saving
> > Time?  Sounds a lot like a broken DST configuration.
>
>  Might be, I picked the 16th as that was the first recording that it
>  finds. The 4th is the first it couldn't find (with none in between.

If it can find a show from Feb 16th, it's not DST.  Let me guess--you
upgraded to 0.21 sometime between Feb 4th and Feb 16th, right?

If so, you just have to fix your storage group configuration.  The
directory that you used for 0.20 recordings needs to exist in the
Default storage group.  You can add it in mythtv-setup.

Mike