[mythtv-users] Video studder XvMC w/OSD

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 17:44:41 UTC 2008

wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On my frontend I have a bad issue with XvMC and HD
>> video. When watching HD and the OSD comes up I get
>> very bad studdering.
>
> I am seeing the same symptoms, though for me, I am >
guessing that the cause is related
> to an AGP problem.

I thought I would share an update. For me the problem
was the 169.12 Nvidia driver version. When I dropped
back to version 100.14.19, XvMC worked the way I
expected it too - no more stuttering (or at least much
less). From there, I turned off AGPGART in the kernel
and am using NVAGP. I enabled Fast Writes (Im not sure
if this is actually having much impact). I also kicked
up my resolution from 800X600 to 1024X768 because 1080
HD video was being shifted off to the right.  Now the
1080 video is centered but it is not filling the
screen. There are black bars across the top and bottom
and on the left and right.

Any suggestions on why 1080 video is not scaling
appropriately?  The rest of the resolutions seem to.

Thanks again,