[mythtv-users] Remotes (??Possibly JP1??)

kawayanan kawayanan at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:32:17 UTC 2008

I'm not an expert, but did you have questions about the JP1 route?  I'll
admit, there is a lot of info over at hifi-remote.com, and a lot is not
always clear.  Feel free to email me if you want - I can explain what I
did.  Getting a learning JP1 remote would make things easier (I don't
have one though).  The URC-8910 was recommended to me as an inexpensive
JP1 with learning capability.  If you don't want to spend time fiddling
and experimenting however, the JP1 probably isn't the way to go.

I am sure the Harmony remotes will do everything you need and are
probably very nice.  I guess I just stopped looking when I saw the price
tag (I'm cheap).  I couldn't justify a remote to my wife that would cost
over 1/3 of the cost of my mythtv box.  :)

kawayanan