[mythtv-users] Tuner Selection...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 23 14:06:04 UTC 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 7:44 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:

> I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find a DIVX-recording card.  Your
> best bet will be to get a PVR150/500 and transcode after the program
> is recorded.

The Plextor PX-TV-402U will do hardware DiVX encoding, though I have
seen some posts here about problems with recent kernels.

I'm also not totally sure what  modes of the Plextor are supported by
Myth. I know the MPEG2 modes aren't supported but MPEG4 is, not sure
about the DiVX variants of MPEG4.

I've seen these units available for about $50 these days, probably
because they will become less popular with analog broadcasting stops,
but of course they will still work for the output of an STB or sat
receiver. I think there is also a version without a tuner for even
less money.

beww