[mythtv-users] Mythbackend daemon fails to locate remote mysql server

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Fri May 23 01:30:17 UTC 2008

To speed things up on my FC7 backend, I recently moved the mysql database
(along with commflagging) to another server.  I used to run the backend as a
daemon, but now I cannot.  Now, when I start the backend (# /sbin/service
mythbackend start), it fails to locate the remote mysql server.  It appears
to still be looking for the mysql server locally.  However, if I su to
mythtv and then manually start the backend, it works fine.

I have verified that both /root/.mythtv/mysql.txt and
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt have the correct IP address for the remote
mysql server.

What else do I need to adjust to allow the backed to run as a daemon?

Thanks!