[mythtv-users] Remote recommendations

John Andrunas john at andrunas.net
Thu May 22 05:08:02 UTC 2008

I hate my Harmony 550 remote with a passion, never been able to get it
working well with myth.  Super slow.  I have stuck with my JP1 remove acting
as a keyboard.  No LIRC required, and really fast.  The harmony programming
is about as counter-intuitive, and clunky as I can imagine.

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Owen B. Mehegan <owen at nerdnetworks.org>
wrote:

> I've been using one of the cheapo Packard Bell remotes with my Myth
> setup for years. It works well enough and has a good number of
> buttons, so I never considered anything else. Recently at a friend's
> house, I saw that he has one of the Logitech remotes. It's heavy, it
> has clicky hard plastic buttons, and a little LCD on it. *drool*
>
> Are these remotes any good with MythTV? I see comments about some
> people using them in the mailing list archives. I looked for a
> do you suggest?

John