[mythtv-users] Mythtv smart recording

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Wed May 21 22:36:27 UTC 2008

dcw wrote:
> An other option is to use a splitter so that one connection goes to
> mythtv and the other goes to the tv directly.
>
> We do not watch liveTV from Mythtv but from the tv itself. That way
> if there are recordings to be made they will not be interrupted.

Yet another option is to buy a second tuner card.  Of course, that has other
advantages, too!

Or if you really wanted to do it with only one card and your wife always
wants to watch the ten o'clock news, schedule a manual 1-minute recording
for 10 PM.  That will make the tuner busy without wasting (much) disk space.

Of course, if she always watches the 10 PM news, then you might as well
record it and comflag it, and turn it into the 10:20 PM news, sans
commercials!