[mythtv-users] plextor convertx and mythbuntu 8.04

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed May 21 18:12:29 UTC 2008

>Hey Steve
>
>Tried pulling out the cable and plug it back in, when the computer is
>booted and drivers is loaded ?
>Seems like I only can get it working if I plug it in, after
>the computer
>is finally booted...
>
>What version of the driver and linux kernel are you using ? .. and did
>you apply patches to the drivers ?
>
>Personal I got gorecord working, but I'm still face problems with the
>sound in mythtv, but let me know if it works for you ;)
>(Running Gentoo linux btw, but been thinking about trying
>mythbuntu out..)
>
>-- Panic

I'll give it a try later today (when nothing is recording) and let you know
what happens. Currently, I can't boot the computer when the plextor is
plugged in. It somehow causes major problems. The system technically boots,
but none of my drives other than the root partition will mount, and my
remote won't work, nor will anything else that is usb connected. Very
strange. If I boot without it plugged in, everything works like normal.

-Steve