[mythtv-users] All sound out S/PDIF

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed May 21 02:52:26 UTC 2008

David Linville wrote:

>> In Setup -> General, my current settings are:
>>
>> Audio output device:  ALSA:plug:spdif
>> Passthrough output device: ALSA:iec958:{ AES0 0x06 }
>> Max Audio Channels: 5.1
>> Upmix: Passive (using either of the "Active" options -> no sound from
>> 2ch
>> sources)
>> Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough: checked
>> Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough: checked
>> Aggressive Sound Card buffering: not checked
>> Use internal volume controls: not checked
>>

> Change Max Audio Channels to Stereo when using spdif.  I think the 5.1 is
> only for analog.
>
> David

David:

When I do this, I do get "real" stereo from 2ch sources; I no longer get
"Pro Logic" upmixed sound.  And now, all of my DD5.1 shows are downmixed
to stereo.  Yeah, I get sound, but only 2-channel.  That's better than no
sound at all, but....!

Dan Wilga wrote:
>>Upmix: Passive (using either of the "Active" options -> no sound from 2ch
>>sources)

> And once you've fixed the number of channels (per the previous
> reply), you should be able to use Active, too.

Dan:

You're right, I can, but again, without any upmixing.

:-/

Thanks
Bob