[mythtv-users] strange DVB-T problem with Terratec Cinergy Diversity

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Mon May 19 19:30:26 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On May 18, 2008, at 4:54 AM, Thor wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> this makes me go crazy. I've moved the machine from one room to
>> another,
>> same floor, appr. 10 meters.
>> the cinergy is a dual-tuner usb device.
>> one antenna connected to both jacks on the stick, one input source for
>> both tuners.
>> from 30 channels, there is a single one which is only "working" on the
>> second tuner. if i try to tune it one the first one, i see 100%
>> signal,
>> but only get partitial lock (L__), thus never see a picture.
>> the logs don't help much.
>> where to go from here ?
>> is there an easy way to tell myth that this channel is only
>> available on
>> the second tuner, beside working with two input sources ?
>
> What's wrong with using two input sources? That's the preferred/
> supported way to do it. Not to mention the way I've done it for ages
> and it works quite nicely.

Yep, I had a similar problem with DVB-T with different cards being
better at receiving different channels, and I'm afraid multiple input
sources is the only solution (it's the only way that Myth will
distinguish between the cards). It's a bit of a pain setting up the
multiple input sources, but works ok once done. Your problem might then
be making sure that the card you want is on the correct DVB-T number
each time you boot.

Cheers,

John

--