[mythtv-users] mythtv not recognising removal of a capture card

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:07:30 UTC 2008

On 19/05/2008, John Brown <info at johnbrown.com.au> wrote:
>  >>  So I uninstalled Mythtv using Synaptic Packaged Manager "Complete
>  >>  Removal", then reinstalled it hoping that it would forget about the
>  >>  including adding the PCI and USB tuners in the relevant section without
>  >>  any problems.
>  >
>  > Did you choose the 'Delete All Capture Cards' option in mythtv-setup
>  > before adding the new cards? See
>  > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 for
>  > more details.
> Thanks, yes, but it still remembers what tuners were there (ie. it
>  doesn't really do what it says).

If you choose 'Delete All Capture Cards' in capture card setup - not
'Delete All Capture Cards on Host xxx' - it will truncate the database
table, completely emptying it. There is no way it can remember what
tuners were previously defined, as the table will be empty.

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: