[mythtv-users] configure did not detect my cpu

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Mon May 19 00:01:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I don't actually think there is a real problem.  I'm making a baby-steps
upgrade towards Ubuntu 8.04 and myth .21.  Last week I upgraded my
processor from a P4 to a c2d. This week I upgraded my OS.  I was months
behind on my package updates.  I'm still running Ubuntu Feisty 7.04.
I'll probably update to 8.04 next week.  I also did a fresh svn update
and compile to the very latest .20 code.  Thats when I got this WARNING.
  I suspect Ubuntu 7.04 is just a little too old to return the right
data for this processor.  .20 built and installed correctly.

Thanks,
Jon

  *** WARNING ***
  Your CPU was not detected properly:
    uname -m: i686
    uname -p: unknown
  model name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6700  @ 2.66GHz
       flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm

  If you are using a recent CVS checkout,
  please e-mail the above to mythtv-users at mythtv.org
  With the subject "configure did not detect my cpu"