[mythtv-users] TV out on PVR350 using PAL, Fedora 8

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Sun May 18 15:42:40 UTC 2008

Gerald Schepens wrote:
> No doubt some of the options and module loads are strictly for the
> nVidia card.  But this setup works for me -- it makes your TV a monitor
> to the right of your regular monitor.  In order for any app in the TV
> monitor to get focus, you have to mouse over past the right end of your
> regular monitor into the second screen.  You can't drag and drop apps
> between the two screens, but they do share input devices.  I suppose if
> you had separate mouse and keyboard configured, you could dedicate one
> to the main screen and one to the TV, never tried it.  It also seems
> like the TV X doesn't get updated unless it has focus, though
> mythfrontend will still play to the TV-Out even if you are on :0.0.
>
> The IVTV X drivers are required.  Your package name for it will vary
> depending on your system.  Actually, I just can't remember what it was
> called!  I think it may be xorg-x11-drv-v4l.  maybe
> xserver-xorg-video-ivtv.

Maybe I'm missing something fundamental here, but I don't seem to be
getting this sorted at all.

I gave up on fedora and mythdora in the end, and am now on the latest
mythbuntu.

It seems that whatever I set up, X always appears on the monitor, even if
xorg.conf doesn't even have any configuration for the nvidia card.
mythfrontend starts on the monitor, and the only time anything appears on
the TV screen is the actual video recordings or live tv that I play in the
FE. As soon as I stop playing the recording, FE pops up on the monitor
again.

I've followed half a dozen different guides to getting this set up, and am
on the verge of tearing my hair out here :(

Please, somebody put me out of my misery here! What am I missing? All I
want is for X and the FE, and the recordings I play to all appear on the
TV, and nothing on the monitor.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts