[mythtv-users] Myth says Partial Lock, dvbsnoop and czap say Lock

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat May 17 22:03:00 UTC 2008

HI!

One of my DVBC cards (and only one) recently started having  a problem
with some channels. Maybe related to the upgrade from 0.20 to 0.21 a
week ago. The card worked fine for a very long time before.

MythTV (LiveTV) says Partial Lock on these channels and recordings won't
record anything when using that card. But running dvbsnoop in this
situation says "Lock".

After upgrading to 0.21, I deleted all cards and recreated them.

When I restart mythbackend, it works for a while and then the same happens.

When I use czap to tune and dvbstream/mplayer to show, the card works
fine with those problematic channels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thomas