[mythtv-users] More MythTV Transcode Problems

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Sat May 17 20:21:09 UTC 2008

I am having the same problems.  There is nothing in the logs because
this is done at the command line.  I have used the -c and -s notation
rather than the -i notation.

Here is my summary:

-------------

I want to archive to DVD a show, and I don't want the commercials.

I ran mythcommflag, then generated a cut list, and hand tweaked the cut
points via the OSD.

Then I ran mythtranscode --honorcutlist (and the rest...)

However, I seem to have the behavior that is someone added to the wiki:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythtranscode#Remove_commercials_from_an_MPEG2_recording

i.e. I am just generating a .tmp file.

The original mpg remains, but its seektable needs rebuilding.  After
rebuilding te seektable, the file runs fine and it autoskips the
commercials when viewed in myth, but they are still there.

I can't burn the .tmp file with mythburn unless I burn it as a video
file, andfor thhh I hae to rename it (not sure if tha screws up the
database or not.

I don't think this is really how the commercial cutting is supposed to
work.

The program is an HD file (not sure of resolution).  I am running
myhtbuntu 7.10 (still) with 0.20 (the latest that came with 7.10).

Any ideas?

JS