[mythtv-users] Can't play DVD's any more

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat May 17 04:17:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com> wrote:
> I rip my DVDs with this:
>
> http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm
>
> Its Windows-based, free and they seem to be able to keep up.

ddrescue does a great job ripping full isos under linux. For debian
its part of the gddrescue package (I believe its just ddrescue for
non-debian based systems).

ddrescue -n -b 2048 /dev/dvd /videos/filename.iso /tmp/dvdrip.log

What would be nice would be to integrate this into myth DVD ripping
facility, so that you can launch it from the frontend, let it run in
the background, and check on the progress, like you can with the
current ripping stuff. Also, if anyone knows how to rip individual
tracks with ddrescue (without having to rip the whole iso, mount it,
and then extract tracks), I'd love to know how.

--
Ron