[mythtv-users] Aspect Ratio and .21

G S spitfirer24 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 01:30:11 UTC 2008

The recordings are set to record using the default encoder profile. I have that set as my PVR 350's MPEG2 encoder. Image size for the encoding is 640x480 with aspect ratio 4:3. So it should be tagging the recordings as 4:3.

The videos are set to be transcoded to MPEG4 after the programs are completely recorded but I was just watching an MPEG stream (recording in progress) that was still stretched to widescreen. So I'm pretty sure it's not the transcoding that's giving me problems.

Could this possibly be a bug in .21?

Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:What format are your recordings in? Are they being flagged in the
recorded stream as 4:3 (as with MPEG2 from a PVR card)?

<snip>

You are running a widescreen mode which would explain why you are
seeing stretched 4:3 recordings, if the recordings are not AR flagged.
Check your recording profiles to ensure the captures are being flagged
with the correct aspect ratio (if possible).

Set the aspect ratio override to 4:3 if you want all material played
with the internal player to be displayed in a 4:3 aspect.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/