[mythtv-users] motion blur with Bob, XvMC (nvidia) on 1080i content run at 576i

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Thu May 15 21:17:18 UTC 2008

David Schlenk wrote:
>> Not in front of a machine right now, so not sure if nvidia-settings
>> would do it.
>>
>> I'd look through /var/log/Xorg.0.log , looking for EDID information.
>> (hopefully your television is sending an EDID!)
>>
> This is all I get from the nvidia driver in the Xorg log:

(snip)

Sorry, didn't realize you were using the TV-out; made the assumption you
were running a VGA or DVI cable.  (don't know *why* I assumed that, just
did.)  You won't get any EDID information via the tv-out.

For the tv-out, nvidia cards seem to offer only the classic 4:3 modes (at
least with an s-video cable, not sure about component)... 1024x768, 800x600,
640x480, and after that who cares.

You should read this document; it has all the nitty gritty, direct from
nvidia:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-8774/README/appendix-h.html

But back to your question as to what modes will work with your TV, I see no
other option than to simply try a few and see what works.  (Might want to
switch your TV standard from HD576i to either HD780p or HD780i , btw.)

I'd also **highly** recommended that you install SSH before mucking about,
so that you can get in and change things if you're "blind".  That way if
something doesn't work, you can change it back.  (Also backup your good
xorg.conf file before messing with it!)