[mythtv-users] suspend and resume mythcommflag

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Thu May 15 18:47:35 UTC 2008

I have a backend and frontend/backend setup running 0.21 running on Ubuntu.

My problem is that if I'm trying to watch liveTV or if something is
recording in the background, the video gets really choppy when
mythcommflag is running.  It's much worse when mythcommflag is running
on the frontend.  Rather than dedicate a computer for the task, I
think it would be much better if I could suspend and resume
mythcommflag (via SIGSTOP and SIGCONT signals) when mythtv recognizes
that liveTV or a recording is happening.

I think a lot of the choppyness is coming from extensive disk access
when one or two recorders are going at once, plus mythcommflag
running.

Is there any way to do this?

James