[mythtv-users] MythTV and the "average" user...

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Thu May 15 16:01:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008, Misty P wrote:

> Fourth, buy a real remote.  Can't understate how important that is.  A
> keyboard just isn't going to cut it.  (even a wireless one)

4a) Don't make any assumptions that because you think it's easy,
anyone else will.

My MythTV machine started with just a wireless keyboard, while I spent two
weeks building an IR interface, learning remote codes, tweaking buttons,
until I finally had every remote button working.

I'm the only one who uses the remote. My non-tech wife and 8 year old son
still use the keyboard, because "it's just easier".