[mythtv-users] Streaming Question

Carl L. Gilbert clg-social at rigidsoftware.com
Thu May 15 15:03:54 UTC 2008

How does MythTV stream its video to a client?  I have read all the
documentaiton I can find but I can't specifically understand this one.
I know it reads different filetypes like mpeg3 mpeg4 avi, etc.  but how
does this data get to the client?  Are the clients sent a file link, and
they read the file over the network?  Is the data read by the server and
broadcast to the client?  If I have 2 clients watching the same thing,
will they be broadcast a single stream over UDP, or will there be 2
seperate TCP connections!?

Just trying to get a handle on the network behavior of MythTV.  What
protocol is used in the stream.

Thanks,

CL