[mythtv-users] Suddenly MythTV refuses to use both tuners

Carl-Magnus Björkell carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
Wed May 14 18:06:52 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/14/2008 10:15 AM, Chase Douglas wrote:
>> When I recently upgraded from 0.20 to 0.21 my PCHDTV-5500 card with an
>> ATSC and an analog NTSC tuner didn't move over properly. After the
>> upgrade the ATSC tuner was fine but the NTSC tuner was setup wrong. I
>> had to go back into mythtv-setup to redo the analog tuner setup. Then
>> everything started working again.
> Best approach for re-doing capture cards:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>
> Mike

Hi again,

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I stated in my original mail, both
tuners (both DVB-C) work fine if the other one is inactive. As soon as
one of the tuners start recording the other one is unable to aquire a
channel lock anymore. MythTV also insists on using ONLY the
conax-enabled card when it schedules recordings, which leads me to
believe that it's MythTV that causes this and not failing signal
strengths. I guess I could re-setup the tuners, but it's really a drag
to reassign all the channels :) Any ideas?

Greets,
-Calle