[mythtv-users] Duplication of channels, was Duplication of listings.

steve.goodey at bt.com steve.goodey at bt.com
Thu May 15 13:06:04 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of David Watkins
Sent: 14 May 2008 21:21
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Duplication of channels,was Duplication of
listings.

> Just out of interest?! This is an example extract of my mythweb
> channels
>
> Xmltvid                 channum callsign                name
> freqid  other stuff     useonairguide
>                         1               BBC ONE BBC ONE         .....
> east.bbc1.bbc.co.uk     1               BBC One BBC ONE East    1
>                         2               BBC TWO BBC TWO         .....
> east.bbc2.bbc.co.uk     2               BBC Two BBC TWO East    2
>                         3               ITV1            ITV1
>         .....             X
> anglia.tv.co.uk         3               ITV1            ITV1 Anglia
> 3       .....
>
> Apologies for banging on and for the length of this.

Your formatting's got a bit messed up in my mail viewer.  It looks like
one of the entries has a blank 'xmltvid' field? Is that the one that was
there before you ran mythfilldatabase?

If so you should have manually entered the xmltvid before running
mythfilldatabase.

At least that was how it was when I last did a setup.  Maybe
tv_grab_uk_rt has got cleverer since then but it's still difficult for
it to automatically synchronise with a dvb channel scan I think.

Thanks, that explains where I went wrong. Seems other people have also
got caught by this.

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3324&start=0

Although I had read this before posting it needed your comment to
finally get it into my head.

Thanks David @ Mike for the replies.

Steve.