[mythtv-users] help wanted about mythtv installing on fedora core 8

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:21:05 UTC 2008

On 15/05/2008, Xi Jiarong <XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg> wrote:

>  Dear Nick
> Thanks a lot.
>
> your suggested steps for solving this problem:
>
> *"**i) remove the livna RPM for faad2
> ii) disable the livna repo
> iii) install the atrpms.net version of faad2 **"*
>
> Could you please give a detail demostration about these three steps, I am
> not so familar with this.
> Thanks a lot:)

#yum remove faad2

(if yum wants to remove remove a few dependent packages then make a note of
their names, because you may have to reinstall them.  If yum wants to remove
a large number of dependent packes then you need to be very carefull)

edit /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo and set Enabled = 0

yum install faad2