[mythtv-users] MythVideo Audio Sync Issues with DVD ISO from an nfs share.

Michael Jones michael at michaelandholly.com
Thu May 15 06:42:07 UTC 2008

After building a new .21 system I'm having audio/video sync issues
with MythVideo playing dvd in iso format from an NFS share on the
master backend.

System details:

The Old System:

The previous incarnation of the system was an FC6 Master Backend P3
1Ghz, Gigabit Ethernet, 2x Maxtor PATA 500GB HDs, and a FC8 Dedicated
Frontend on a Athlon 3200 (same as the new system).   This system was
running .20, and both systems were running FC6. The old system did not
exhibit the problem.

The New System:

Master Backend:
FC8, Dual Xeon 2.3, 2x Maxtor 500GB PATA Drives, one containing
recordings, and one containing iso's of DVDs.  Gigabit Ethernet.
Hauppauge 150 and 250 directly connected to cable.

Frontend/Slave Backend:
FC8, Athlon 3200, Gigabit Ethernet, Firewire connection to comcast
DCT-6200 pvr.

Dedicated Frontend:
FC8, P3 1Ghz, Gigabit Ethernet.

The problem.

When playing live or recorded TV everything is fine.. no issues with
audio delays.

When playing an ISO of a DVD stored on an NFS share located on the
master backend there is an intermittent audio delay of about a
second.  I'm using the standard video player.

The audio delay seems to get worse as the video plays.   If you pause
the video for a few seconds, the delay reduces.. but doesn't
completely catch up.

This occurs on both the frontend/slave backend and the dedicated
frontend.   I haven't tried it yet on the master backend.  I'm
guessing this has something to do with mplayer?

Any ideas?  What information would help diagnose this issue?

Thanks,

- Michael